Resident Frequently Asked Questions

Many newer residents have some common questions they would like to ask, and we have provided answers for those frequent questions in the area below. Obviously, there are a great many more questions that you might need answers for, so anything not treated below should be brought up during a phone conversation or in an email.

Q: How do I report a maintenance item?

A: For normal, non-urgent maintenance requests, please use the tenant portal on our website. If the request is an emergency during regular business hours (Mon-Fri, 8:30 am-5:30 pm, closed Saturday & Sunday), please call our office directly at 435-767-9888, and then you must follow up in writing either through e-mail or via the tenant portal. When you are reporting the emergency, notify the receptionist, so he/she can direct you quickly to the right person to handle the job. If it is after business hours, call 435-632-0248. For police or fire emergencies, dial 911 before calling our office.

Q: What is considered an after-hours emergency?

A: Here are some examples of after-hours emergencies: main sewer line is backed up, broken pipe that’s leaking into the home, and flash flooding in your area, which has affected your home or property. If it is after 8:00 pm and before 8:00 am and the call is not an emergency, you can be charged for the call.

Q: Can I be charged for a maintenance repair at my residence?

A: Yes, if the maintenance is made necessary by resident damage or neglect, you will be charged the cost of repairs. Also, you can be billed for a service call if you miss the appointment.

Q: Can I install cable or satellite TV at the property?

A: Generally yes, if you first obtain written permission – but some units may prohibit installation. Any cost of installation and deinstallation is at the expense of the resident.

Q: Can I carpet clean the carpets myself when I move out?

A: Your rental agreement states that all carpets are to be cleaned professionally by STG Rentals.

Q: I pay my rent on time, but this month I paid on the 6th, why did I receive a 3-day notice?

A: The rent is due on the 1st with a grace period, and if the rents are not received in our office by the end of the business day on the 5th, we serve a 3-day notice on the 6th.

Q: I have a problem with my garbage disposal – what should I do?

A: You should visit this link to find the most common reasons for issues, and if none of those reasons apply, you will need to log a maintenance request through the tenant portal.

Q: Where should I send my monthly rent payment?

A: All rent payments can be made online at, or they can be mailed directly to Keller Williams c/o Property Management 1624 S Convention Center Drive, St. George, UT 84790. Keep in mind that we are closed on national holidays, so you may need to mail earlier by post.

Q: What paperwork is required to rent with STG Rentals?

A: An application needs to be filled out completely by each person 18 years or older that will be occupying the residence, and a completed application requires the following items: driver’s license, voided personal check, 1 month’s pay stub (if self-employed, most current Schedule C tax return), good credit rating, a clean housing record, and income commensurate with rental fees.

Q: May I make changes to the home/apartment?

A: If you want to make changes to your home, you must first obtain permission. If you paint, you will be asked to restore the home to its original state, prior to your departure.

Q: What utilities would I be responsible for?

A: You will be responsible for all utilities, unless they’re covered by the HOA. Utilities must be turned on at the residence, on or before occupancy.

Q: My dishwasher is leaking – who do I call?

A: If you require maintenance, please don’t hesitate to call and submit your request through the tenant portal on

Q: What if I find damage to the home after I move in?

A: Please note it on the walk-through sheet and/or call it in, within 72 hours from the time you move into the house, so it’s noted in your file.

Q: What form of payment do you prefer?

A: We kindly request that payments are made via check, or through your tenant portal at No cash is accepted.

Q: What notification should be provided if I intend to renew my lease?

A: If you intend to renew your lease, as much notice as you can provide would be greatly appreciated, but we ask that a minimum 30-day notice in writing be given.

Q: What is the purpose of obtaining renter’s insurance?

A: While the landlord carries insurance protecting the home/apartment, that policy does not cover your personal belongings. You must obtain your own coverage to protect against loss.

Select from the options below

application facebook google linkedin login maintenance notice payment pinterest twitter youtube